CVN 0.00% 19.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

Science Minister Ed Husic recently said Australia’s gas...

1. 1,223 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 357

Science Minister Ed Husic recently said Australia’s gas companies were “milking gas prices” and behaving in a way that “would make a locust swarm proud”.

“Asking a business to help you when you are demonising them, it simply doesn’t work, yet that’s the position the Labor government is now at,” Taylor said.

From the article. What really pi....es me off is everyone was happy to buy gas when the price plummeted some time ago but now start bleeting when the price rises. Gas producers are not "milking gas prices" just selling at world prices although I think a lot of it is sold not at the high gas price which has quadrupled or more recently but linked to the POO that whilst elevated has not increased anywhere near that of gas if you exclude the early days of COVID when the futures price went negative. When the train crash that is the long term decline in production of oil (and gas?) was happening the greenies et al were cheering from the bleachers. This is why I went long on O&G a few years ago (or even more). A lot of pain initially. Now they are demonising producers. Who would want to invest in production in OZ? Was this why STO went with Canadian Pikka field rather than Dorado/Pavo a few months ago?

Give me a break. Tell the greenies to make up their mind although as committed commy watermelons they have no alternative to remain relevant.

O&G will be relevant for many many years. That's the harsh reality of life.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $348.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.0¢ 19.5¢ $80.01K 402.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 1576649 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 319098 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.