ECT 20.0% 0.3¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

kos gone , page-7

1. 6,284 Posts.
    Hello the Banker, PB, sp3 thyshift,carlturk,giddyup, marcmarcoz,Lazzahhh,, and all the other posters I remember from an ESI generation ago.

How are you keeping ? How are all ESI supporters keeping !

( not very well by the posts I have been reading of late.

I thought it would be appropriate for me to give a little left of field and hopefully ''entertaining'' overview during such unsettling times .

I look back at many of my old posts and would have to say,,,, they are kinda spookilly relevant considering the recent head shed shedding within ESI.

I look fwd to an MD /CEO / board culture that is cohesive, progressive, dynamic, frugal, but not at the expense of progress,, edifying, but most of all,,, concordant!

fwiw imho , I am confident the company will do more than just survive this ''perceived'' turmoil.

The fittest survive to sew the generational seeds of growth.

Also I look fwd to some well deserved inertia from all of the fwd thinkers and fwd doers past and present regarding the Coldry and Matmor process.

I will attempt ( as JR would often remind on another stock ) to play the ball and not the man.

So with this in mind, I would like to state;

Kos displayed strengths as a learning CEO

He was the first to state it was a huge learning process.

This was admirable .

He is an effective public speaker. and very effective at making well rehearsed points.

This I perceive was perhaps due to his non engineering, non earth scientific background.

As time progressed, he was able to understand and effectively explain in layman's terms, the process and the (required ) environmental / industrial / strategic need for the process known as coldry in particular. ( Matmor another day )

His last dog and bone show posted here on Hot copper all too recently, attests to that....but with one particular frustration as I saw it,, a perceived ( by me ) defeatists attitude regarding the ''c'' word.
    After years of political and public brow beating regarding the dirty ''c'' word, I empathise and understand this frustration which may be perceived as tossing the towel into the ring, all too well.

His apparent perceived frustrations were reasonable,,, considering his passion for the product and the technology,,,the brow beating would have gotten to a lesser Alpha male much earlier in this ''anti CO2 '' era.

I surely hope he is able to bring a sale to the ESI table on a commision basis in the future. His experience gained whilst under the employ of ESI shareholders would surely appreciate a closed deal on at least one continent,,,any continent in fact. With that task I wish Kos well.

Unfortunately, with no environmantalist Lobby support, cleaning up the wet brown ''c'' word was akin to trying to convince your ''save the world'' type resistance group, that there IS !!,, an environmental need to harvest Whales..

Kos appeared very frustrated ( to me at least ) with the fact that you can not use the ''c'' word within the state of Victoria without stirring up an almost primeordial hatred of the stuff.

Now please don't take any of this the wrong way. I do not condone Whale harvesting,,,, ( although I do believe psalm 8 would have me believe I am wrong,, as Mitch Hedberg may well have stressed at some time ),,,, however,,,, the point I attempt to make is,,,it IS possible, as anyone who watches the Gruen Factor will agree,, to get the public on side with effective ENVIRONMENTAL marketing if it is stressed that Coldry IS a ''pragmatic'' interim solution,, ( eg,,, softly softly catchy monkey approach ).

There is no use pushing a technology if you do not have public opinion on side ( Remember the bubbles flowing the day Simon Creane signed off in the big end of Town with the ESI head shed of the era,,, only for the greenies to hijack any good that would have come from that day,,,,including their coup to get 10 times more column inches and air play regarding conveyor belt chaining, than ESI's announcement received )

We needed / need, of savvy @ effective king of spin,,, that King needed / needs to be not just a king of ''Diamonds'', ''spades'', and ''clubs'' ( did I say clubs? ), but also, a King of hearts !

Heres' a bit more fun,,, please take it as such;,, please bare with me for a little hypothetical entertainment, or if it is too raw in such times, please click off this post.....now.

Perceived Fact ( but indeed fiction ),,,

Most people believe trees / terrestrial flora / are the world's lungs,,, and as we deforest, and burn off any carbon based fuels,, we as humans are the main culprits increasing atmospheric CO2 ( carbon dioxide ) and will slowly choke the worlds fauna to death,,,, and maybe even cook it in the process,,, ie, guilt / blame trip..

Actual fact,,, more than 90% of atmospheric O2 ( diatomic oxygen ) is produced in our oceans by phytoplakton,,,not by trees. Trees are one form or carbon store but by no means the main store,,, that would be ,,,, limestone...

Perceived fact,,, black balloons full of CO2 cause cancer and will eventually cover the face of the planet thus destroying all life,,,giving it cancer due to GM crop attempts to mitigate in the interim,,

Actual fact,,, Increased CO2 levels dramatically speed up plant growth ( ask any tomato grower )or any carbon cycle student.

Popular fact (but indeed fiction )... Man and his postindustrial revolutionary fossil fuel burning is the primary reason CO2 is approaching this supposedely irreversable 400ppm CO2 number that climate change experts proclaim is irreversable. ( currently 387ppm )

Actual fact,,, in the late 1960's when C02 was perportedly 320ppm, those of us around back then were WARNED in the media on a constant basis,,, that the world was heading for a mini ICE AGE based on the meteorological data of our time.....we were actually encouraged to add to the glasshouse effect !!

Misconstrued fact,,,, the Earth has experienced an average increase of 2 degree celcius atmospherically over the last 75 or so years ''due to CO2 emmissions ? ''

Discombobulating fact,,,,, so has Mars !

Fact that the pollies tend to overlook,,,, Solar warming and cooling due to Sol's not so constant thermostat equals solar planetary warming AND cooling,,, not global warming,,,, hence their remarketing it as ''climate change''

Fact,,, more than 90% of atmospheric CO2 is a result of Phytoplankton exoskeletal subduction into tectonic volcanic hot spots,, their little limestone exoskeletons ( Ca CO3 aka calcium carbonate,,aka limestone,, being burnt in the eruptions, creating quicklime and literally mega shed loads of CO2.( amongst other real toxic stuff not c/o the phytoplankton )

The lions share of the remaining small %age is a result of cyclical grass and forest fires due to lightning strikes,,,,
    In fact when you draw the graph of CO2 culprits,, a bar graph 1 kilometre high see's mans CO2 contribution due to fossil fuel burning equal to less than the thickness of a human hair on top of that graph.

Seafood for thought,,,,,,

Urban myth,,,, harvesting whales increases the amount of phytoplankton,,, the earths main source of O2 production and CO2 emmisions ( Whales main food source ) thus increasing 02 in the short term ,, but CO2 in the long term...

OK,,, ENOUGH of the giddy spin,,hopefully you can see my point,,,, and now back on topic.

THE PURPOSE OF THIS POST ?????

ESI needs,, as in fact the brown coal industry needs,,,some environmental moderation through ''undertanding''.

''Understanding'' seems to be a spin the govt is prepared to spend megbux on re glossy post outs and the E media,,re climate change and it's hip pocket cousin,,,

Have they been railroaded by the strategic minority seats that hold their political majority pants up ?

Too many times,, we see a good, ''pragmatic'', concepts shot out of the sky in some cases due to some Kombi driving, dolpin kissing, tree hugging well meaning minority group live in denial of their own fuel tanks, lounge room heaters,,,, and the fact that ''pragmatic'' in this case,, is ''interim'' technology QED.

''Pragmatic'' and ''Interim imho are some of the missing focal points for an ESI '' and ''c'' word Edification '' coldry v Spindry where is the fulcrum pt ?

The coal mining lobby could do well out of full page adds emphasising cleaner coal tech for their own good let alone the companies involved with clean techs.

Solar and wind energy genertion will be the way of the 22nd century for sure,,, unless we are all dead from radiation leakages,,, those subductive Krell eating volcanoes and techtonic plates stop for no man after all...

,, but WE live in the 21st century.

''WE'' have amortisation of extant infrastructure economics to reasonably consider.

''WE '' need to get the remaining bang for our Huge and extant Power house opex and capex.

Not once can I recall this ''edifying'' strategy being stressed via an ''environmentalists'' perspective at ESI dog and bone shows,,, The defeatist style excuses were,, although understandable,,inappropriate and even perhaps unforgivable from a marketing ''to the greater public'' perspective.

We know that Loy Yang will lose big Generation contracts ( the likes of Alcoa etc ) if it does not comply to new emissions targets,,

We Know Vietnam's coal resources are all but depleted and that Tincom will do well at any price and at any negotiated Chinese financially backed price considering the nature of their potential deal.

We know these examples are merely the tip of the iceberg !

We can reason that there would have been no unanimous board decision re the Last public Tincom decision.

We can reason or speculate that a CEO with such a passion for the company's technologies would not desert his post.

We have read posts via the anecdotal and biased perspective of the rumour mill, that many ''behind the scenes'' milk carts have come and gone through the ESI share registry over the years,,with varying amounts of alleged / perceived inappropriate influence.

We NEED, the likes of a scrupulous version of the spin guy that was featured in the Jason Reitman movie ''Thank you for smoking '' in order to put the latest CO2 bashing into perspective.

Whomever does it,,, under the current ''Climate change'' mindset, will most probably be burnt at the stake as a heratic ( using an environmentally clean oxidising medium of course ! )

( ps Whales never hurt nobody,,, therefore,,Capt Ahab must have been a nobody )

Cheers,,, and keep your heads up,,

At least the product works.

Here's to smoother sailing and sales.

Cheers and kind regards 'ol rupe,,, (still holdin' 8 figures worth of heads and oppies )

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.001(20.0%)
Mkt cap ! $9.515M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $12.19K 4.066M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
38 26614353 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 5031069 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.