KIL 0.00% $1.74 kiland ltd

City,regardless of Smith bay or Ballast head, how does KPT get...

1. 691 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 187
    City,
    regardless of Smith bay or Ballast head, how does KPT get wood (chips or logs, toasted or green) from forest to port?
    There is NO suitable road route existing or started that will facilitate that traffic loading.
    Hoping they will magically appear is like faith - its not material.
    The trees are burnt today. They have a very limited time retaining any value.
    KPT have no roads in their own forests suitable even to get them out to the council road network.
    The sealed road currently underway from Parndana to the south coast - a meer 15km, is scheduled to take 3 years to complete.
    Best we all look at a KI map to see where Smith Bay is and how difficult it is to get to from KPT forrests. That is something KPT directors appear not to have done before committing to buy an abandoned ab farm alongside a high tech and probably the best breeding farm on the planet very functional and secretive one.
    So what are the options?
    What if we run the toasted wood to Penneshaw and load ferries - Sealink's largest one will carry 8 B-doubles. That gets the toast to Cape Jervis on road transport so one guesses its all downhill to market from there. We will also need a port berth staging post at Pt Adelaide (not cheap).No I am not going to work out the total cost but I know it will be cash-flow negative so what is the point.
    The option is what the co. suggested after the moderate losses after the first two fires - to barge out from Kingscote but suspect the tourist businesses (those not wiped out as a result of the fires) will be trying to rebuild and love the log truck rumbling past every 12 minutes. But hey, that route could be 50% state roads (Parndana to Kingscote) and so pass some road costs onto the state. With losses now much more significant, that suggestion being in the cash flow negative bucket also, trying to get it all out through Kingscote on barges would be a very early financial fail.
    I'll leave it all with the holders and the Co (of course) but we need to pull a rabbit out of the hat and I understand there are no rabbits on KI.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KIL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.