KIL 0.00% $1.74 kiland ltd

KPT Insurance, page-18

1. 3,442 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 937
    Thanks for your posts, I understand industry, commodities, shipping etc, but I consider myself a relative novice on forestry, hence appreciate posts from people with grass roots knowledge.

IMO, If KI council are smart ... they’ll use this national coverage of how hard hit the island has been to apply for some massive grants to upgrade the roads and rebuild every other council owned asset that was damaged by the fire. Scomo needs brownie points after his PR debacle and has already announced $2B to splash around, I live in Sydney but even my two teenage kids know about how hard hit the island was just from Instagram! As per Rudd during the GFC, Scomo and co. will be itching to approve any half decent application that’s in early and is announcement/PR friendly. KPT and KI council should get their wish list in quick smart.

IMO there’s no doubt that the fire will add to the speed and likelihood of the wharf being approved. We’ll all be guessing on the value of KPT tho until the plantations are assessed and we understand how this interacts with the fine print in the insurance contracts. KPT has taken the sensible decision to suspend trading until they can finalise this. I hope they take their time and do a thorough job - so personally glad they’ve indicated they may need 4 weeks.... and if they need to, I’d be happy if they extend.

Cheers, Simon

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KIL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.