ORG 1.19% $9.96 origin energy limited

Kraken really is the enabler of Octopus Energy.Without Kraken,...

1. 2,914 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 118
    Kraken really is the enabler of Octopus Energy.
    Without Kraken, Octopus Energy could not execute their business model.

Personally I feel the valuation of Octopus Energy and Kraken remains low as both have very high growth potential.
    At some point, probably in a few years from now, improving shareholder value, will mean allowing some existing investors to exit, increase or reduce their positions, as well as easily allowing new investors to enter would mean making Octopus a public company.

As part of the float of Octopus should probably split out Kraken and list in on the NASDAQ.

The current valuation of Octopus Energy really does not factor Kraken as a standalone software company.

The management of Octopus Energy seem to be really switched on, (pun was not intended).

I feel if Octopus Energy play their cards right, in a few years they could be given a far larger valuation than what they currently have.

Origin should be pushing harder internally for reforms within it's business and adopting business practices being established by Octopus Energy.

I certainly think it is feasible that Origin's share of Octopus Energy and a potential float of Kraken could potentially be extremely beneficial of Origin. Certainly has potential to add another $10-20 per share in ORG's valuation in a 3-5 year window.

I can't see how Octopus will remain private. When it does go public it should give Origin share price a very decent boost. Maybe $4-5 boost around 2-3 years from now with longer term prospects of Origin's share of Octopus being worth more than the rest of its entire business.

Octopus and Kraken really are a huge growth story.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ORG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.