KSC 1.23% $3.21 k & s corporation limited

ksc valuation?

1. 504 Posts.
    KSC off to a good start in the new year and SP keep moving upwards day-by -day while Sell side get thin………….!!!

If any broker report or anyone know the fair valuation for KSC please post here – much appreciate!

This HC thread is normally pretty quiet, so not much info available- Here I copy & paste the old post which I found interesting

************Old HC post************************************
    In my honest opinion this is exactly the kind of stock that Ben Graham was outlining when he wrote his famous book 'The Intelligent Investor'.
    Labelled by Warren Buffett as "By far the best book on investing ever written" in this book Graham talks about buying solid companies that have a history of stable earnings, low debt, have reasonable long term prospects and trade at a discount to their Net tangible assets. KSC is one such stock, this is a gem. Looking back at it's performance it has been a solid earner for many years, now when investors look at the high dollar and steer away from the companies affected by this KSC is shunned completely out of proportion to it's quality and stability. Basically Mr Market is looking at this stock and avoiding it on the belief that the Australian Dollar will continue to rise indefinitely and put KSC into a situation where it cannot pay dividends anymore. Graham even talked about railroads in particular being a sector that allows us to take advantage of the overzealous and temporary swings of the irrational stock market.

I believe that KSC corp is worth much more that its NTA,
    Currently sitting at half it's book value, a dividend yield of 8% and price earnings ratio of 6.82% I believe that Ben Graham would have bought this stock.

Eventually the economic cycle will turn and the quality of a company that paid dividends through the GFC and in fact hasn't missed a dividend for as far back as my broker's records go (1997) KSC is one very safe bet.

Now with the dollar reducing in value KSC is even more attractive,
    Whatever the economic cycle to come logistics will be an essential industry,
    Once Mr Market is reassured of this company's ability to maintain it's outstanding track record it should return to a more normal price to book ratio, for this company this would historically be well above 1 times book. This means that I anticipate a minimum value of about 2.48 in the medium term.

This isn't a recommendation it's really more just me expressing my excitement about this stock.

http://hotcopper.com.au/post_single.asp?fid=1&tid=1749807&msgid=10143298

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KSC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.21
Change
-0.040(1.23%)
Mkt cap ! $439.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.26 $3.26 $3.17 $53.87K 16.81K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8315 $3.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.25 167 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KSC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.