DXI 0.00% $2.78 dexus industria reit.

Good post from q44 on ADVFN:-quattro44 - 14 Dec'07 - 10:41 -...

1. 296 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Good post from q44 on ADVFN:-

quattro44 - 14 Dec'07 - 10:41 - 7449 of 7480

We are but pawns in the grand scheme of things here. There is no way that EME is going to be allowed to say anything until the big boys say so.
    We have several wells here now that are being readied for fracturing. Each one of these fracs will be huge and possible each well will have several fractures done at different (measured) depths. The logistics in organising one of these fracs are huge. The equipment and horsepower required are massive, and they are not always available. So they will be planning a 'campaign' of fracs and negotiated a continuous contract with a service company so that they can just go from one frac to another without losing the frac equipment and crew. To try and frac one well, let the crew go and then try and get them back when the next well is ready could take multiples of extra time to finish.
    The amount of equipment and people required to do some of these fracs is truly impressive. The amount of frac sand/proppant required could be in the thousands of tonnes. As one of my own companies actually sells this high specification sand I can tell you it just does not come off the shelf in such volumes, so all this has to be made and stored in the area.
    Zone 3 and swabbing is really serving 2 purposes imho. Both playing for time and also trying to clean the well up to see if it will give any constant flow at all and therefore be a candidate for horizontal drilling to vastly increase production.
    Swabbing is a cheap and chearful way of cleaning up a non aggressive potential production zone. It just reduces the presuure on top of the perforations to allow the formation pressure to blow out any damage or frac fluid put in there. Once they have all the drilling/frac fluid out they can tell exactly what can be produced from that zone, i.e. gas/condensate/oil. It may only flow a few hundred feet but it does not matter, it will tell them alot.

So in my view everything is being readied for a constant fraccing and testing campaign that could last for months, but they will not start until they are completely ready. It will probably look like the 4th of July out there when they start.
    q44

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DXI (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.