CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

kwanza vs niger delta, page-2

1. =V=
    2,387 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 48
    From what I have read each Kwanza block has the potential of up to 100 million barrels per block. I would say from that that there is more in Kwanza.

I can't work out which blocks City has applied for, but this is from the Sonangol website.

"BID ROUND PRE-QUALIFICATION 2007/2008

Sonangol, E.P., as the national concessionaire of the mining rights for exploration, development and production of liquid and gaseous hydrocarbons in Angola, hereby announces that all national and international oil companies seeking to participate in Angola’s 2007-2008 E&P Licensing Round, must submit the proper pre-qualification documentation to Sonangol by 13th November, 2007.

Effective 13th December, 2007, Sonangol will launch a licensing round for new oil concessions for the following 10 blocks:

a. Block Centro (Cabinda Onshore);
    b. Blocks 11 and 12 (Kwanza Onshore);
    c. Block 9 (Shallow Water);
    d. Blocks 19, 20 and 21 (Deepwater);
    e. Blocks 46, 47 and 48 (Ultra Deepwater)."

Would the date above 13th December be significant???

Blocks 11 and 12 are KON11 and KON12. Both KON 11 and KON 12 are said to have potential of 100 Million Barrels.

Kwanza basin - extract.
    It is an onshore sedimentary area of 25,000 sq. Km surrounding the mouth of the Kwanza river that is adequate for oil explroation.

Although drilling in Kwanza basin started in the beginning of the 20th century, it is the period of 1952-1974 that marks the peak of oil exploration in this region. During this time, discoveries of 12 oil fields and of 1 gas field were made. The oil fields account for 400 MMSTBO (million stock tank barrels of oil) of which 82 MMSTBO were already produced.

Over the last 20 years no active exploration has been pursued in the onshore area but there is still the potential for new discoveries in this proven oil producing region.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.