KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

KZA Media Thread, page-1281

1. 2,071 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 443

My thoughts? I used to practice throw a boomerang on the land where Kintara building now is. Worked near there and would run over to play catch with myself at lunchtime. Had some nerve-wracking encounters with big coyotes in the process.

Oh, you mean regarding VAL-083 as a threat? I don't see it as such (for one thing it has far more serious AE's), but rather as complimentary to Paxalisib. They have different mechanisms of action, so it's not "direct" competition.

. "New" research from 2008 indicates importance of PTEN loss. Recent insights into the biology of gliomas include the finding that tyrosine kinase receptors and signal transduction pathways play a role in tumor initiation and maintenance. Deregulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) signaling pathways resulting from genetic alterations in the PTEN tumor suppressor gene on 10q23 at the level of LOH, mutation and methylation have been identified in at least 60% of glioblastoma. Loss of PTEN function by mutation or LOH correlates with poor survival in anaplastic astrocytoma and glioblastoma, suggesting that PTEN plays a role in patient outcome. Interestingly, amplification of Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) in the background of heterozygous PTEN knockout mice develop invasive glioma very similar to human glioblastoma, demonstrating the importance of PTEN in glioma progression and providing a model system to evaluate the efficacy of targeting PTEN in glioblastoma In the Newly-Diagnosed Treatment Setting,
    Promising Median Progression-Free Survival of 10.0 months with VAL-083 Compared to Temozolomide (TMZ) Historical Data (5.3 months* and 6.9 months**, respectively)- Recurrent Patients Showing Promising Median Overall Survival of 8.5 Months on the Planned 30 mg/m2/day Phase 3 Initial Dose of VAL-083 Compared to Lomustine Historical Data (7.2 months***)- Continued 8.7 Months Median Progression-Free Survival in Favor of VAL-083 as Compared to TMZ Historical Data (5.3 months* and 6.9 months**, respectively) in First-Line GBM on the Planned 30 mg/m2/day Phase 3 Initial DoseMy thoughts? I used to practice throw a boomerang on the land where Kintara building now is. Worked near there and would run over to play catch with myself at lunchtime. Had some nerve-wracking encounters with big coyotes in the process. Oh, you mean regarding VAL-083 as a threat? I don't see it as such (for one thing it has far more serious AE's), but rather as complimentary to Paxalisib. They have different mechanisms of action, so it's not "direct" competition.
    James Garner also played-down the "competitive" aspect of other drugs in the GBM AGILE trial recently.
    Last edited by onesurfed: 27/01/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.