ECT 0.00% 0.3¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

Brabus,The boiler design between LYA, Haz and YE is very...

1. 330 Posts.
    Brabus,

The boiler design between LYA, Haz and YE is very similar, with refinements to flow within the boiler space being very minor.

Blending in coldry (or another dried fuel, like wood chips or Exogen etc etc) would be via mods to one of the drying shafts to allow the fuel to be input just before the pulverisers.

Certainly LYA (and B) design in that area is conceptually identical to the older stations.

Up to 8-10% would require some re-tuning of the boiler to keep the flame ball at its current level, from 10% to (approx) 18% (Approx) maybe put some baffles in, again to maintain the location of the flame ball, high enough for complete burn, low enough to keep fouling of the suspended tubes at a reasonable rate.

Most of this is modeled on the (minimal) fuel management work that was done to, as you correctly note, turn a LYA brown coal boiler into a Newport Gas boiler. Cheap, but very very poor efficiency.

PS, The reason LYA has 1 BB turbine and the others are Japanese is that they needed to use the spare that was supposed to go into Newport - that boiler is rated at 1000MW. lol

Above 18%, yes most of the boiler engineers I have discussed this with say too hard. Although, I believe if you started feeding it in, over time the % would be wound up and up and up as you got to know the product.

ESI dry at about 40-60deg. I think that a simple dry intercooler inserted after the Precips would provide enough heat. If i required 200deg, yes I would agree with you.

And yes, you cannot interfere with the steam cycle or superheated fluid routes. A: too expensive and B: they are lagged with 'rock fibres' that cannot be disturbed.

As to replacing brown coal feed with dried feed - MTE, Exergen, Coldry, whatever, yes, cheaper to pull down the power station and build a new one. Way cheaper.

Dave68 - don't understand yr question, sorry.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.515M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $4 1.235K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
50 18729384 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 11265024 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.29pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.