there's no detail last time I looked. to be honest - I really...

1. 81,699 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    there's no detail last time I looked.

to be honest - I really don't know why anyone bothers --------------- any political party - any election policies or promises

why would one spend time even reading them, let alone thinking about them in any meaningful way

philosophers and thinkers - and, politicians themselves for a couple of thousands of years have been telling us - that election promises are meaningless.

The things that are worth of discussion IMO - are news events that look like they will seriously change a nations direction or way of life ----------- eg - yes, potential wars - technological changes - global agreements or attitudes

to be honest -------- there's only one story in the last day worthy of a serious sit up and look - and, that's the story of the methane measurements that the satellites are giving over Australia

that one subject alone - will have more affect on Australia potentially than any single political party can bring to the story

but, we talk about some bloke and his assistant in bed and we now talk about an election promise/policy

--------- both of which are irrelevant ---------- the only thing that can be said about a 'promise' (with no detail) to reduce emissions - is that the world will be listening ----------- it'll be at least happy that it's hearing 'something' - even with no details

wait for the world to hear about the methane levels - we will be first to hear about what they think about that one ---------- and, it will NOT be pretty

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.