Your arguments are pretty selfish in many ways Eagle. Whilst...

1. 1,268 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    Your arguments are pretty selfish in many ways Eagle. Whilst politically I would have structured the tax cuts in way which would have given more back as a % of salary to the bottom earners you have to be pretty self centered to think that it’s ok for someone on $200k to give almost 50% of their money (their effort essentially) to the government for every $ they earn above $180k.
    All we get from the left is a convoluted argument about millionaires and multinationals, in 2018 someone on $200k isn’t bloody rich he/she is just a high income earner, some of us came from
    nothing to get to that income. Why does your side use the example of the millionaire? they are the 0.001%. Is that because you follow Bill’s propaganda blindly? If Labor has a problem with them then tax them at 49%, why is the rest of us being dragged into this debate? Why do you continuously describe high income earners as undeserving millionaires while those on $50-$60k a year are hard working Australians. Those who take risks and work hard deserve the rewards, and they will still pay more taxes.

It’s still ok to be aspirational, it’s still ok to tell Australians that if you go to work and are semi-successful we will only take 1/3 of your income.
    How is it a god given right for people to expect 10% of the population to pay over half of all income tax, didn’t the top tax bracket also pay a deficit levy? Apparently it was meant to be temporary until Labor ran out of money for their ever expanding list of unaffordable policies.

All we get from Labor is arguments about how we are going to fund schools and hospitals and pensions if we give a tax cut to the top end of town. Well we are spending incrementally more for education and we are getting jack $hit out of our taxes for it, and you want more money to be poured into the Labor wasteland that is education without even the right to ask for efficiency KPIs in return? As for hospitals remove half the non patient facing staff and you get your savings to pay for nurses, but of course you can’t do that because it’s a Labor constituency.

My first job out of uni was on $43k, i never once despised high income earners quite the contrary, as they subsidized my Medicaire expenses. I just worked my way up, if I can do it as someone who wasn’t born here, and with English not being my first language then as far as I can tell it means that there are plenty of opportunities around if you are willing to take them.
    You don’t need a crystal ball to find out what Labor policies will do, just look at France. You can create your own business there all right; you’ll just give away over 60% of your income to the government in various taxes and other social security levies.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.