labor clown attacks RBA

1. 7,189 Posts.
    RDS seems to eat into former labor politicians in what maybe a pathetic cry for help. If it isn't Keating. a walking insult generating zombie, or the daily outbursts from Rudd or Turnbull we have a new player, Stephen Conroy.

When Conroy was forced out of the Senate we all hoped he would just fade away but Sky News has given him a lifeline where he seems to claim to be the world's leading clairvoyant/Economist.

" "First year economics Andrew, you’ve got the degree, go back and read (a) first year textbook, because it says interest rates are a blunt instrument. Interest rates are hurting the poorest section of the Australian community,” Mr Conroy said.

Former Victorian Liberal Party president Michael Kroger, who appeared alongside Mr Conroy for the interview, said he was somewhat lost for words after hearing the former senator’s assessment.

“I don’t know what to say after that attack on Mr Hauser, he did write the inflation reports for the Bank of England I recall,” Mr Kroger said.

“What Stephen Conroy has said today is part of this ongoing campaign of intimidation of the Reserve Bank by senior Labor figures … you see various Labor officials and MPs trying to pressure the RBA not to increase rates and this is what this is all about.

“Has the RBA’s forecasting record been great? No. Well, hello, try Treasury. How are their budget forecasts going? They’ve been wrong every year, try their iron ore price forecast.” "

https://www.skynews.com.au/business/finance/former-labor-minister-stephen-conroy-slams-rba-deputy-governor-and-claims-central-bank-has-facts-modelling-wrong/news-story/7478b4452d56b60dfdbbddc6109282da
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Conroy seems to want the RBA to cut interest rates. He has joined the laborite chorus trying to bully the RBA into cutting rates early.

labor's pantheon of clowns are all at it. They bring out an expansionary budget and claim they are fighting to bring down inflation.
    Reminds me of a desk in the Economics faculty at the UofQ which had carved into a parallel to the ALP. It said (referring to Nixon) that "fighting for peace was like F******g for virginity."

They want inflation and they want it bad.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.