labor disintegrating, page-37

1. 4,287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    atomou, I still don't understand why you don't expect that kind of thinking from me.
    As far as you believing that people only have one chance at election time to have their say. I disagree. In the minds of many people I have no doubt that is what they think. There is a general apathy within our society towards politics, too many people prefer to complain, but few want to push the issues. Everybody has the right and the opportunity to lobby their local member and make him accountable to his electorate. I know that in practice it doesn't happen, not because the system is not meant to work that way, but because of the afore mentioned apathy, people let it happen that way.
    Every now and again we do see governments change there positions on issues because of either the feedback or lobbying from interested groups. Companies do it all the time, the people of the electorate can on occasions when they overcome their inertia, but it takes a lot of effort to do that unfortunately. The worst part perhaps is overcoming the thinking of people. maybe like you, who believe that nothing can be done.
    Maybe you should follow the advice of Richard Nixon that follows.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.