ASX 0.61% $63.77 asx limited

labor likely to open doors to other exchanges, page-2

1. 13,094 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2748
    Hi Kenneth

Nice info..here are some ideas

Appart from dropping volumnes and IPO's, the threat from these platforms has been a cloud over ASX for some time along with the possible loss of some of its supervision roles ....

The supervision aspect of ASX Ltd has been clarified last week(but still not formalised after Sheerins statements) ,,,,here is a note I was sent

Just a moment ago, ASIC released its annual assessment of compliance by ASX with its statutory obligations. ASIC is satisfied that ASX is adequately managing conflicts between its commercial interest and the need to ensure fair, orderly and transparent markets, and fair and effective clearing and settlement facilities.

Most interestingly, Minister Sherry has also released a statement welcoming ASIC’s report on ASX.

It is likely ASX will retain its supervision responsibilities. We should also expect an announcement regarding the potential issue of market license(s) shortly."

If ASX keeps it supervision but the new players are allowed in it will be negative in the short term for the ASX SP IMO..Liquinet already has the capital and a number of big funds and brokers signed up and ready to go.....It should bring prices down so traders will be happy,,,the downside however is a loss of market liquidity as volume is split across new players and price volitility because of lower volumes...

I dont know about Sherrin, like Mr Rudd alot of talking,,,three weeks ago he promised to introduce and urgent bill,,,,the amendment to the Corporations Act (short Selling)....and we are still waiting...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.