ASX 1.05% $61.54 asx limited

labor likely to open doors to other exchanges, page-4

1. 13,140 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2777
    "Just because ASX won't be a monopoly anymore doesn't mean its going to make money. "

Hi Vishalt, I suppose you mean it will make money even though its not a monopoly.....

I agree that many of these things have been factored into the SP but I feel this market reacts to news and it may be negative for the SP in the short term....

IMO the plumge 55% was totally justified as the PE was way too high, it did have competition concerns, IPO market had dried up and volumes are down etc...

"All these Liquidnet/Chi-X bourses already exist in Europe and USA and you haven't seen Deutsche Boerse of London Stock Exchange or CME or NYSE go broke"
    Certainly not but their SP's have fallen dramatically as ipo markets and volumes are shrinking worldwide and investors have lost confidence...

"ASX has lots of innovation and a huge market share already and its luring retail investors more by CFDs"

This is one thing I really dislike about the ASX, CFD's are banned in the USA for good reason because of the problems with stock manipulation and SP volitility and unreported hedging, ASX needs to wake up and consider that the financial gains (new revenue stream) comes at the cost of investor confidence and probably one of the factors volumes are down, people are tired of their investments being smashed and fluctuating all over the place.....

What I do like about ASX Ltd is remains one of a few businesses with NO DEBT, strong cashflow and little to no competition...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$61.54
Change
0.640(1.05%)
Mkt cap ! $11.93B
Open High Low Value Volume
$60.70 $61.72 $60.53 $34.55M 562.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10 $61.47

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$61.64 358 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.