ASX 1.05% $61.54 asx limited

"Hi Vishalt, I suppose you mean it will make money even though...

1. 433 Posts.
    "Hi Vishalt, I suppose you mean it will make money even though its not a monopoly....."

Yes correct.

"I agree that many of these things have been factored into the SP but I feel this market reacts to news and it may be negative for the SP in the short term...."

Agreed, I don't think it'll be too damaging though and you're right, IPO volumes had dried up and the PE was pretty high.

"Certainly not but their SP's have fallen dramatically as ipo markets and volumes are shrinking worldwide and investors have lost confidence..."

You have to put this in cotext though, look at how much they've gained. Deutsche Boerse use to be worth under 20 euros in 2003. It's still tripled at its close yesterday and it's gone as high as 140 euros.

"This is one thing I really dislike about the ASX, CFD's are banned in the USA for good reason because of the problems with stock manipulation and SP volitility and unreported hedging, ASX needs to wake up and consider that the financial gains (new revenue stream) comes at the cost of investor confidence and probably one of the factors volumes are down, people are tired of their investments being smashed and fluctuating all over the place....."

What's the problem? If people like these instruments they should be allowed to play with them, its all about individual liberty. We shouldn't be taking the lead from the US and banning what they do. Different tools can suit different markets.

That's like saying ETFs should be banned here as you can they are even more volatile because some move double or quadruple the amount the indices they track do.

"What I do like about ASX Ltd is remains one of a few businesses with NO DEBT, strong cashflow and little to no competition..."

Yeah, its a good business.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$61.54
Change
0.640(1.05%)
Mkt cap ! $11.93B
Open High Low Value Volume
$60.70 $61.72 $60.53 $34.55M 562.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10 $61.47

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$61.64 358 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.