labor sidelines effective assessment of nbn

1. 5,123 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    THE Productivity Commission has been frozen out from scrutinising Labor's $43 billion National Broadband Network.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/opinion/labor-cold-shoulders-its-broadband-critics/story-e6frg6zo-1225954637836
    ---------------------------
    My comments:

This is willful negligence on the part of the ALP. The ALP is prepared to commit multi-billions without proper scrutiny and assessment.

We should remember that the genesis of the NBN was nothing other than a Rudd "thought bubble" conceived via "back of the envelope" calculations on a plane trip between appointments. This was done after they had failed to get Telstra to commit to a $4.7 billion FTTN Broadband network. It is, and always has been a whitewash to hide failure.

Even the $25 million McKinsey report was a whitewash. In a 500 page report they only spent 3-4 pages on the competitive threat represented by wireless broadband.

In my opinion this should be grounds for the independents to withdraw their support. They probably won't, but I have little doubt history will be a harsh judge on all the perpetrators.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.