labor sidelines effective assessment of nbn, page-37

1. 34,916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 480
    Kippa, you have no idea. It is going to fail because clearly there is not going to be an 80% uptake, the percentage figure plucked out of the air by Labor themselves as the takeup required to break even. There is next to no chance of this happening, especially considering the cost is going to be higher (it has to be, if not the government will need to subsidise).

I am not lying, you are lying or towing the lying line of the Labor government (something they're remarkably good at). It is in black and white, the cost for the infrastructure is $43bill (and we know every major Labor government project has significantly broken the budget as this one will). This money needs to be found up front. The $26bill you keep portraying (obviously without any clue what it means) is the cost after they plan on selling the infrastructure back to private business. They are claiming they will receive what $17bill for this? Well that's a mighty big statement to make. Their ability to sell at this price will depend on the profit model, the profit model that no-one can predict because the government refuses to embark on a detailed study. So we're using wishy washy figures to estimate what private enterprise might pay.

PS I dont know what Johnny and Telstra shares has to do with this. I never bought Telstra and never recommended them because they were moving from a monopolic model to a competitive one and their primary base revenue that being land-based phone call was whittling away due to new technologies. How ironic that we may end up once again with a monopolic model, the very model that forced us all to historically pay expobornent prices for phone communication.

I am in the industry and the industry is laughing all the way to the bank on this. No-one can really believe how stupid the government is and how gullible many Australians are. It will fail, in the end oompanies will not allow a monopoly to return when clearly the move from monopoly to highly competitive scenario has delivered some great progress over the last 10 years or so. In the meantime the companies chosen to implement this rollout will reap in the rewards knowing full well that its a path to obscurity.

Even my clever dog can show the government ways to get the NBN desire of reaching out to everyone across the country with 1/10th of the spend of what they are proposing.

This whole scenario would be funny if it weren't so ridiculous.

Lucky for you this is my last post for the day, so refute all you want. Not my problem that you have your head stuck firmly in the sand.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.