labor sidelines effective assessment of nbn, page-6

1. 509 Posts.
    obviously - it has all been covered previously..

fiber to the node was going to cost about $5bn dollars. fiber to the home is going to cost an extra $40bn. organizations that need the extra speed, from fiber to the node, will simply pay the extra.

donkey years ago, i worked for an organization - and they paid a massive price, for a dedicated phone line (which was the "fledgling" computer access) - between the eastern states and WA

fiber to the node is perfect - after that it is a "need based" process. for crying out aloud - but the phone system was based on a "needs basis" - nothing was forced onto people. lol - but as a teenager, when the phone was introduced into the household - there was a "exercise book" next to the phone - where we had to record the phone calls - yeah, i was a teenager, and i had to pay (from my pocket money) . for the phone calls that i made.. i guess that at the time, it was "phone to the local telephone exchange" - and after that- the user paid - and in my case, the "sub
    user paid

the nbn is forcing everybody to use something. radio was not compulsory - but a license fee was introduced - that is correct - but there were inspectors , who would go to house hold and household (etc) - to ensure that people obeyed the law.
    the nbn is a load of rubbish - it is forcing a need down peoples throats. fiber to the node is a perfect compromise

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.