Just looking for some opinions 1) Would this not just encourage...

1. 90 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    Just looking for some opinions

1) Would this not just encourage companies to pay dividends out of pretax income?

2) The claim it only effects smsf and not other super funds.
    a) I assume this to mean that union super funds will continue to receive income from workers contributions. Therefore they can claim the fc against the income.
    b) Where as smsf will eventually move into retirement phase and then have no income to offset fc.
    c) What are the chances someone like AMP set up a fund where you transfer your SMSF balance into. They get the fc to offset against income from other accounts. Then they pay you a dividend out of pretax profits. Of course they would keep part of the fc as a commission. I think someone would be looking at this?

3) If you have more than $550kish (single) couple ($830k) in assets you do not qualify for part pension. So moving money out of super into my own name will mean i lose part pension and benefits. Any suggestions?
    a) I hear farms are exempt so maybe a farm, negative gear it. Then when I retire sell my house and cash out the super and move onto the farm. The farm would be my home and exempt from the assets test. So I would qualify for pension. Then when I have to move into a retirement home the farm would be my home and the income from its sale would be exempt?
    Last edited by stillworkin: 14/03/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.