Labor's $20000 hiring incentive to small business, page-3

1. 86,231 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    The question I always have with schemes like this is --

give a mum a job because you get paid some bucks to take her on ------------

so - where is the person you would have taken on - if you didn't get some bucks to take her on?

They are still here - they are still looking for work.

Now - that's a fail!

Arrrh but, - I hear it now ------------ unless I got the 20 grand - then, I wouldn't take anyone on.

Ok - roger that!

So - if that is the case - what we are saying is that business cannot support itself and must be SUBSIDIZED to exist and hire.

Now --------- what do you get when you employ the tactics of subsidizing business?

You get gross inefficiency.

So this policy and policies like it ----------- force business to be inefficient -------- they weaken business - they do NOT strengthen it at all.

That - for a nation is a fail of massive proportion.

Not only does it weaken business - it can take away from the hiring of people who are MORE suited for jobs ---------- again - weakening the system ---------- plus

it adds to the expenditure side of the balance sheet - massively ---- plus

it adds little to the revenue side of the balance sheet - because - the business actually INCREASES it's wage cost (even with the subsidy) - drops it's efficiency (by hiring the weakest links) and hence actually drops it's productivity - henceforth dropping the taxable income.

Sorry - the unintended consequences of policy like this smacks of the narrow-mindedness of the worst parts of leftist thinking and are almost at the lows of thinking of Green ineptitude.

have a great night all

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.