EagleI'm not "maligning" the members, as they are the misled...

1. 500 Posts.
    Eagle
    I'm not "maligning" the members, as they are the misled victims of union leadership and the staffing of the union movement, and their associates.

I pulled out of the union years ago (CPSU) after being fed up of their fob offs and "I'm above you!" and "tell someone who cares" mentality. When I was a meat worker many years ago, the union seemed more than willing to trade their members down the drain, so they could keep on the friendly side of Management. We were forced to accept EBA's that made us work longer and got paid fewer entitlements. If we didn't accept, the union would help Management open the door for you.

But I do not attack the "militant unions" which are those organisations you seem to be "maligning". These unions do achieve results and represent the true plight of their members. Unfortunately, these seem to only exist in blue collar jobs(barring the police and nurses unions, who do a very good job).

And you say the action of unions has made society more caring and civilised. Yes! They certainly have, and had a definate role to play back then, when unions cared for their members and were run by workers. Now unions have teamed up with employers to make their working conditions unpleasant with the old "divide and rule" concept of management. It was only up until the 1980s, when Hawke and Keating's Accord set to cut peoples' wages in real terms, that unions have let their members down. 13 years of wage restrain in addition to double digit inflation and double digit interest rates. Once unions got into a position of power i.e Reserve Bank board, that's when the Union power trip started. Now they're all breaking their backs to get into parliament and jump onto the gravy train. Soon, you'll be seeing Sharon Burrows in Federal parliament with the rest of the union good-for-nothings. And most of them are snooty scholars who've never worked a day in their lives. You only have to use Bob Hawke as an example.

Ask yourself this. Why is union membership plummeting? Because workers have enough to contend with from their bosses, without dealing with the Unions BS as well! So being a worker and a former union member, I can tell you what they're best at. Taking your money (they do this religiously well) and getting themselves into parliament.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.