Labors Union shuts down Melbourne., page-27

1. 46,444 Posts.
    AFL finals ‘wonderful time’ for train strike, unionist John Setka says

MILITANT unionist John Setka has made AFL footy finals a target for industrial action, saying it is “a wonderful time” to halt trains and trams.
    Melbourne had its first train strike in 18 years on Friday, as workers walked off the job from 10am to 2pm.
    And in addressing a rally of Metro staff outside Trades Hall, Setka, the Construction Forestry Mining and Energy Union boss, delivered a longwinded rant threatening to derail one of the biggest days on Melbourne’s calendar.
    Rail, Tram and Bus Union secretary Luba Grigorovitch went further, saying she would have no hesitation in calling a strike during the football finals, Spring Racing Carnival, and the Melbourne Show.
    In his tirade, Mr Setka referred to members of the Government as “morons” and called on the RTBU to do whatever it took to get its way.

CFMEU’s John Setka and Rail, Tram and Bus Union secretary Luba Grigorovitch.

“The way the RTBU has been treated by the Government and Metro … I mean, Metro, oh my God. I mean, all I can say, some of my advice — and you probably don’t need it — It is the finals time, right? What a wonderful time to have an industrial campaign,” Mr Setka told the rally.
    “One thing they don’t remember is, they pay you, but they don’t own you. You are not slaves,” he said.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.