labour has lost the poor and the election, page-9

1. 423 Posts.
    @Fats:

Abolishing Centrelink and the service it provides would only cause crime to increase, desperate people do desperate things.

Working for the benefits 2-3 days per week would be a much better idea, cleaning public toilets or picking rocks out of a farmers paddock are good examples. Not give them cushy jobs in government departments or organizations that should be employing people doing an honest days work in full time positions anyway.

@Dex:

"I have heard the occasional casual staff I employ in regional centres from time to time complain earning too much from us can affect how much they "earn" (yes, that's the way some look at it) on the dole!

So Fats, what would you recommend to fix the issue?"

As an employer myself Dex, my solution/suggestion to this problem is to reduce the amount of casual positions in the current workforce. I know you probably won't like the idea but I feel businesses are exploiting the casual staffing solution far too much.

I feel, if a business is employing someone to fill a certain position for over three months, it should be a requirement for the position to be made permanent, not hold the person/s on casual for 2+ years or whatever.

Maybe then people will feel a sense of security, self worth and something to work towards which provides a better option than a couple of days work here or there that at the end of the day, actually costs them money by going to work.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.