SMM 0.00% 0.4¢ somerset minerals limited

re: labour left slams expansion of uranium mining I think the...

1. 21,239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    re: labour left slams expansion of uranium mining I think the economic argument will win the day over the loony left because of Australia's potential prime position in the U market.

there are mounting pressures from many sources to sell uranium from Australia, not least because of its political stability (notwithstanding the aforesaid parties).

Also in relation to Chernobyl. That reactor was an early model water cooled job, and a recognised hazard - there are still a number of them around. And while I wouldn't downplay the hazards of nuclear energy (Chernobyl created a radioactive plume 400 times greater than Hiroshima I understand), it is the case that current designs are very much safer.

In any event, there are no easy alternatives right now for mass power generation other than coal and nuclear.

..... and I don't want to hear any yapping about solar etc, it doesn't come close to a coal fired or nuclear
    power station.

Since people are simply not prepared to go to a lower standard of living to save the planet, it's either drown or glow in the dark.....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.123M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 4960328 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 2393458 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.09am 03/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.