HT8 0.00% 1.1¢ harris technology group limited

Lack of Communication and Summary of Recent Achievements

1. 445 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 73
    It's been a bit quiet on here recently so I thought I would start a new thread to highlight and collate some major achievements by the company that the CEO seems to be underselling. In my opinion, his strategy in market communication is to under-promise and over-deliver, yet I and many others find the slow communication somewhat frustrating when we can see HT8 kicking massive goals yet still majorly flying under the radar. Unless you are someone who is doing a deep dive into this company, a lot just look straight past it.

The company is doing extremely well, but this is going largely unnoticed by the market due to lack of communicating the significance around some of its recent achievements. I'm opening this thread up for media posts, etc. highlighting new milestones/achievements that the company has passed without overtly stating the importance of to the market.

Something that I'd like to also discuss here is the pro-hygiene sales and its effect on the business long term.
    From the establishment of the pro-hygiene range in mid April, the company has been very upfront about the fact that this lines success is due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and it is not going to be a permanent source of growth. What the business did with this in mind though, is in my opinion, a huge success story. Thanks to the CEO's close contacts in China, they were able to jump on this income opportunity early on. They have used the profits from this incredibly smart business opportunity to transform and significantly expand their core business. Remember, this is an online tech retail company, not a medical supply company.

Some recent significant achievements that I think most would agree were worthy of an individual announcement to the market:
    • The opening of a second warehouse (after running out of space and having to use a neighbour's temporarily after sales in the core business began to surge)
    • Being consistently ranked as Amazon Australia's #1 Tech seller
    • Becoming an established seller on Amazon, Groupon, MyDeal, Kogan and eBay
    • Making the decision to leverage off Amazon Australia's enormous customer base rather than try to compete with it like most other retailers in the same space, with HT8 prioritising their growth on this platform over smaller online marketplaces
    • Expanding product coverage into Mobile Phones and Accessories
    • New personnel recruited to establish a Homewares and Kitchen division of sales
    • Expanding product ranges in already established lines such as Gaming products
    • CEO being asked to participate as a panelist on the Amazon Virtual Summit to share the successful growth story of HT8
    • The purchase of a record amount of inventory for the upcoming Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Christmas/Boxing Day period.
    Does anyone else here share this frustration in regards to communication? If the above were released to the market as individual announcements highlighting the importance of each, then I'm sure we would see a much more informed market and potentially a share price that reflects that. Most other ASX listed companies would have released an individual notice for each of above, rather than the silence we are seeing from the company with the occasional dot-point hidden in a 4C. In my opinion an ASX listed company shouldn't be making its shareholders actively search for its achievements that are hidden amongst multiple notices that show no indication from first glance of anything significant, but rather should be making these easily available to find by a brief look through the list of announcements.

I know there are many others on here with great summaries of the financial growth of this company, and I encourage them to add to this thread. Additionally, can anyone else who agrees add some further commentary in relation to the communication issue?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HT8 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.290M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 345981 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 506670 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.25am 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HT8 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.