LYC 0.15% $6.79 lynas rare earths limited

lacklustre demand for Pr/Nd, page-25

1. 7,544 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 506
    Yes but your argument is totally off the mark for several reasons. I recognize you converted cost to Us $ and since price is US $ that is fine. I am going to keep everything in AU $ to make it simple.

Production cost are important to know because when figuring out what impact of higher volumes are they effect costs. However when figuring out P and L you have to work with total operating costs so this adds a $1.00 to your costs. What Nd Pr sells for is not really important. What is important is average sell price of the entire basket. So if Nd Pr goes down it does lower average sell price. They are still reporting large loses in H1, hopefully we will have better numbers soon with annual report. I asked you what you thought Lynas's Nd Pr was selling for you never answered even though I gave you all the data you needed. So with NdPr being 30.6% of sales what is Lynas selling it for. If it was 38.20 then it would have generated $ 43.6 M in revenue Q4. Which would have said that La and Ce only generated. $12.4M Q4 they sold about 2.6 M tons of la Ce in Q4 so La and CE contributed $4.80 / KG This means that if La and CE increase sales to 75% which is their Mt weld content. Then that will lower the average sell price per KG. So if any thing in the basket goes down loses go up. Reverse is true anything goes up the loses go down. I think you owe long term an apology because the reduction in price will raise loses. The fact that Nd Pr is profitable where La and Ce are not does not alter the fact that if the price goes down then loses go up. You have to process them all.

I have a question I am glad you visited the plant would you mind saying when you visited.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.79
Change
-0.010(0.15%)
Mkt cap ! $6.346B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.84 $6.88 $6.78 $12.19M 1.789M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5667 $6.78

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.80 6940 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.