Ladders, go back to where you come from.

1. 17,248 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 416
    All ladder imports into Australia should be stopped immediately. Furthermore all ladders already in Australia should be collected up and destroyed....but it will never happen because the government is weak and they will cave into the bleeding heart lefty tradespeople who have come to rely on ladders for their livelihood. So why am I so down on ladders??

Since 2003 there have been more than twice the number of Australians killed falling off ladders than there have been Australians killed by terrorism since 1978. This statistic is appalling and immediate action must be taken against ladders to protect the community.

But seriously, the numbers don't lie. Yes terrorism is an issue and I am glad our government is taking it seriously but when I look at the number of suicides, the number of domestic violence killings and the number of Aboriginals dying of diabetes since 2003 versus the number of Australians killed by terrorism since 1978, I have to wonder how much of the concern on these threads is proportional and how much is hysteria. I tend to think 5% proportional genuine concern and 95% hysteria and hatred.

I mean why are there so many posts about extreme Islam and so few about mental health, indigenous health, drink driving and domestic violence. These four are statistically far more devastating to our community than terrorism.

terror-copy.jpg

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.