CLE 0.00% 0.1¢ cyclone metals limited

lady annie sale and share price, page-26

1. 487 Posts.
    Okay, I was frustrated last post, sorry.

Look, the SP will probably drop 8c (or whatever the return will be) or close to it after the record date, it happened last time and will most likely happen again this time. That's just what happens, but there is a reason for it. The company will be worth 8c less.

The market through supply and demand evaluates how much the SP is worth taking everything into consideration. If someone values something at 45c knowing they will get 8c back, then after the record date, it makes sense to value the same thing at 37c.

You purchased your first shares at 16.5c, well done, you're doing better than me. This must have been before the first capital return. You received 20c from that one and will receive 8c from this one. Even if the market yoyos after the returns, since you have held long you've received lots of cash, and after the first return CFE made more money and the SP picked up again. And hopefully someday the SP will approach what some people consider its actual worth, but a lagging SP isn't the fault of setting a future dividend date.

The problem with setting a retroactive dividend date is people need to know what they are buying. You can't purchase a share not knowing if the dividend date has past or not, that isn't fair. As a purchaser of anything, you want to know exactly what you are buying into, and so does everyone else.

I guess they could have stated in the completion of sale ann that it is now ex-dividend because there was a trading halt but even that's shaky.

The market values the company. The dividend will take millions out of the company and return it to you and other shareholders. It is only fair that the market values the company less after this because it has less money. This isn't what is causing the low SP.

Look, this might seem rude especially since you seem to be doing better than me, but IMHO you should learn and understand concept like these if you are going to trade yourself. This is pretty fundamental. If you are going to be buying and selling shares, you really need to understand exactly what it is you are buying and selling.

GL with it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.