LYC 1.65% $6.15 lynas rare earths limited

lahat...

1. 1,270 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1928
    I'm sure this has been discussed here at one time, but I don't remember seeing it... Anyway, I find it interesting that in the TMR report it lists Lahat, Malaysia as a "probable ROW (rest of world) source" for REEs...

Also I find it interesting that Lahat is at the top of the list... Whether this is significant I have no idea... Also I find the geographic location of Lahat which is a very small town is located very close to LAMP almost directly across peninsular Malaysia... Use the scroll bar to move across Malaysia. Of course LAMP is located in Kuatan and Lahat is represented by the blue ballon on the map...

From the TMR report (Page 18):

4: Non-Chinese Sources of Rare-Earth Supply

4.1 Rare-earth production outside of China

The rise and eventual dominance of Chinese sources of rare-earth supply in recent decades, has meant that production outside of China has declined to a relatively low, steady state. Obtaining reliable information on these non- Chinese, rest of the world (ROW) sources can be quite a challenge these days, but probable ROW sources of REOs include:

Lahat (located in Malaysia)
    Karnasurt (located in the Kola Peninsula of the Russian Federation)
    Buena Norte (located in eastern Brazil)
    Orissa-Kerala (located in various coastal regions of India)
    Mountain Pass (located in California, USA)

There are a significant number of new projects at advanced stages of development outside of China, in addition to the revamping of the Mountain Pass mine in California;

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.15
Change
0.100(1.65%)
Mkt cap ! $5.748B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.18 $6.37 $6.08 $26.63M 4.279M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 17840 $6.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.17 8880 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.