LYC 0.57% $7.06 lynas rare earths limited

lahat..., page-5

1. 1,271 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1940
    Hi vvg... Apparently the deposits in Lahat are the tailings from tin mining and the HREEs are significant... These HREEs exist in the mineral Xenotime and I found this in the PDF linked below...

"The ALS Mineralogy study has found that these critical HREE are present exclusively (except Y- see below) in the mineral Xenotime, the preferred raw material for extraction of these elements. Xenotime is mixed with dominantly monazite in the heavy mineral concentrate, and monazite contains the bulk of other REE present in the mix. Some Y is present in one of three monazite variations detected in the mix.'

Also:

"According to the USDoE table, only the ion adsorption clays of Jiangxi Province, and the Lahat Malaysia Xenotime by-products from tin mining have significant proportions of the heavy REE and Y."

I'm not so sure that the mining of these HREEs would be a whole lot different than the Moly proposal to mine the tailings at the Mt. Pass site...

It is interesting that there has been exploration and the deposits have been quantified... The levels of CREEs is impressive as are most of the other HREEs... I'm sure there would be some challenges in mining these HREEs but demand conquers all... It would make sense that Lynas is well aware of this potential REE source but is playing their cards close to the chest. I would think that any proposal at this time would result in a lot of controversy...

In any event this is very interesting...

http://member.afraccess.com/media?id=CMN://6A538000&filename=20110419/CUX_01172569.pdf

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.06
Change
0.040(0.57%)
Mkt cap ! $6.599B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.00 $7.12 $6.92 $27.09M 3.845M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 75156 $7.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.08 480 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.