FML 9.68% 14.0¢ focus minerals ltd

lake cowan geology and exploration

1. 2,158 Posts.
    Hello all,

Maybe time to start an new thread. With exploration hopefully underway on Lake Cowan I am looking at factual data and happy to share some work I found.

I offer no opinion here, it is technical so some may choose not to tackle this one.

Source: http://crcleme.org.au/Pubs/Monographs/regolith98/12-carey%26dusci.pdf

Conclusions
    Lake Lefroy represents a series of superimposed landforms whose history dates from the pre-Eocene. The complicated sub-surface regolith stratigraphy and palaeolandscape were formed by a combination of differential erosion, deposition and chemical modification.

The use of detailed case studies of known deposits has resulted in a comprehensive understanding of various controls on gold dispersion within the regolith, which include: position of iron redox fronts; style of primary mineralisation; bedrock lithologies; degree of erosion; and thickness of transported cover.

Proximal to a bedrock source supergene gold is usually focused at the base of weathering, but distal to mineralisation, dispersion of supergene gold is controlled by iron redox fronts located higher in the regolith profile.

The bedrock geology and style of mineralisation have prominent effects on regolith development and supergene dispersion, with for example, limited weathering over felsic intrusive lithologies and silicified stockworks thus restricting supergene dispersion.

This knowledge has been applied in interpretation of the processed regional scale data, resulting in the discovery of additional resources.

Innovative processing schemes and data. Visualisation tools
    have been employed to allow management of a large data
    set, providing optimal targeting and prospect prioritisation.

The most effective of these schemes is the calculation of
    summed gram x metre intersections for the archaean
    regolith within each aircore hole. These values represents the undiluted grade and thickness of drill hole gold anomalies WMC Resources is continually trying and implementing new techniques, as well as further developing methods to deal with aircore drilling data. Experimental techniques successfully tried include airborne EM and enzyme leach.

The continual advancements of such techniques and knowledge
    of the regolith and gold dispersion will lead to the discovery of further gold deposits in covered terrains.

END

I will leave it up to the reader to draw their own conclusions.

Best regards,
    CW
    DYOR&DD

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
-0.015(9.68%)
Mkt cap ! $40.11M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.0¢ 14.0¢ $53 353

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2096 14.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.0¢ 9858 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.49pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.