ADD 20.0% 0.4¢ adavale resources limited

lake surprise

1. 2,345 Posts.
    This following snippet is a reason why I don't think Lake Surprise will be sold off (http://moneymorning.com/2010/12/07/uranium-prices-surge-on-chinas-511-billion-investment-in-nukes/)
    "In addition to the finite Cold War supply, uranium has its own version of peak oil. Virtually all the cheap and easy uranium deposits have been tapped. What's left are the hard and dangerous deposits located in politically unstable parts of the world, like Kazakhstan and Niger.
    All of this is complicated by a flood at Cameco's Cigar Lake mine - the world's largest undeveloped high-grade uranium deposit with 232 million pounds of yellowcake. Damages from the flood will halt the start of production until 2011 - at the earliest. A fire at Australia's Olympic Dam mine is further constraining supplies.
    Based on demand forecasts, mines will need to pump out 144 million pounds of yellowcake per year by 2020, nearly double current output. That's not going to happen, except at much higher uranium prices.
    It's likely prospectors will redouble their efforts to find new deposits if prices continue to rise. But it typically takes up to 10 years from discovery to production to bring a large sized mine on line.
    As Uranium Goes, So Go Miners' Stocks
    All together, these factors are likely to push up the price of long-term uranium supply contracts, which account for the large majority of trade in the commodity.
    Paladin Energy (PINK: PALAF), a uranium producer with mines in Namibia and Malawi, said in a filing that "initial base prices" for new long-term uranium contracts had "risen markedly," currently standing "at or above $80 per pound," according to The FT.
    Also, refined uranium is only a minuscule part of a power plant's overall cost. It takes an upfront investment of about $2 billion to build a new nuclear power plant.
    When you add in the maintenance and labor costs, laying out $100 A POUND for uranium to keep your plant running is a really a drop in the financial bucket. Indeed, some analysts estimate that the price of uranium could skyrocket to $2,000 a pound and still be viewed as a viable energy source for plant operators.
    And history shows that as prices for uranium go up the prices for the stocks of uranium companies go along for the ride.
    "Uranium is one of the hotter commodities right now, maybe even better than gold."
    Even if it's sold off it will not go cheaply which just means a reason for ADD's SP to MOVE UPWARDS

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
-0.001(20.0%)
Mkt cap ! $4.161M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $8K 2M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 5506991 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 7146842 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.42pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.