Lambie scuttles Morrison's unnecessary voter proposal, page-308

1. 80,732 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    possibly ------------- but, to me ------------- tinkering at the edges

although too late now in my book ----------------- what any nation needs is for it's 'leaders' --

whoever the hell they are - government or not - to be looking forward at the very minimum --

20 years ---------- indeed, in the past - I believe one needed a 40 year look ahead - that may not be so important now, because it's pretty difficult to see 40 into the future with any certainty

but, the really big things for a nation -------- one has to look out far far beyond 3 or 4 or 5 years

one needs to have 'a vision' - and as well, try to foresee

a lot of it isn't that difficult

people think that there's some great mystery to visionary thought - well, sometimes - yes - but, the basic stuff is pretty straight forward

if one peers forward into the mist - what do we see? - just ask some basic questions

do we see slow change or fast change?

do we see ultra high speed computing?

do we see robots?

if yes to robots - what types?

will nations require highly educated people?

if so, then what areas?

when you see what a blind man on a galloping horse with a dead Labrador can see - you then ask yourself - what role do we want to take in it - do we want to be involved - or just follow along?

do we want to be totally dependent on other nations or cultures - or do we want to have some control and input?

there's a list of questions a mile long - and, from that - you find a 'direction' in which you want to go

once you have a 'direction' - you then work out what you need to do to head in that direction

you then make sure that every single thing you do - works to move you 'towards' that direction and nothing you do at all - retards you - heads you back away from that direction.

I never hear this kind of stuff from politicians ------------- all I hear is how to follow and/or react

whether they have 3 year terms or 5 year terms ------------- they're still going to be like a bag of hammers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.