LYC 0.26% $7.67 lynas rare earths limited

lamp - a political football

1. 334 Posts.
    It is interesting to note the majority of the posts do not address the fundamental single underlying risk of LAMP.

Every LYC investor need to understand LAMP future is balanced on the political survivor of the Najib Razak faction. Do not believe the Government controlled mainstream media or facebooks postings. There are many draconian laws in Malaysia and the police, AG office, MACC, City Councils and other administrative departments have been used to surpress the expression of discontent with all political issues.

Outsiders will have little hope in gauging the level of discontent at the polling booth in such a repressive environment. All political factions are active in Facebook postings and one can easily misjudge the true situation as these are influenced by the resources of the interested parties. Remember the majority of the Malaysian voters do not post on facebook or tweeter. In a repressive environment, the majority of dissenters will not turn up in protest rallies out of fear but will vote against the issue in the election.

If you read the internet newspapers, there is an increasing trend of news articles detrimental to Najib Razak surfacing. This can only occur when Najib enemies within his own party increases their influence. Will Najib survive even if his party wins the election? Will the ruling party win the election in the first instant?

Unless you are able to mix at the voter level, you will never know. I am in Malaysia now and from my conversation with the locals, there is widespread discontent not just with LAMP but with corruptions, abuse of power, increasing crime rates and all other political issues. NO ONE including UMNO (Najib’s party) is confident of the outcome. One consensus I found among Malaysian is IF Najib is confident of his own survival he would have called the election and not wait for time to run out!

Many of the locals I spoke with have not protested out of fear of the repressive regime but will vote against the current government.

Make no mistake – LAMP is a political football and you are investing in the political outcome of the general election Malaysia must have.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.67
Change
-0.020(0.26%)
Mkt cap ! $7.169B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.72 $7.94 $7.50 $23.53M 3.062M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 $7.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.68 16724 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.