LYC 2.86% $6.11 lynas rare earths limited

lamp going out for lynas article, page-59

1. 5,800 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96

OK - here we have one of these three situations - take your pick:

(1) totally wrong facts by the reporter for FNArena

(2) totally wrong facts by Hallgarten

(3) blatant lies

" but investor ill-will generated when Lynas executive chairman Nick Curtis sold off a prospective niobium asset owned by the company to Forge Group ((FGE)), of which Curtis is also chairman, for a great deal less than Lynas had valued the deposit back in 2007, also impacted heavily on sentiment."

(a) the sale of the Crown deposit did NOT go through to Forge - this was the result of shareholder action, including many from here.

(b) the company was actually Forge Resources (FRG) and NOT Forge Group (FGE). Forge Resources is a minnow of a shelf company of which Curtis is chairman. Forge Group is a huge infrastructure building and construction company - and I think they actually had a role in the building of the LAMP.

So, if they can't get their facts right, either about the sale that DIDN'T happen, or the company to which it wasn't sold, then we can't really place much faith in the rest of the article if that demonstrates the level of thinking that went into it.

I'm all for people having opinions that differ from my own, but not when they blatantly ignore the facts - much like the appraoch taken by SMSL in fact.

Lynas really needs to put out a clarification on this article a.s.a.p. They also REALLY need to ratchet up the pressure on Malaysia if Malaysia wants any vestige of a reputation left as a place to invest. We need that TOL and we need it NOW...!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.