MAY 5.26% 3.6¢ melbana energy limited

Land Drilling rig timelines

1. 623 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 278

Here is my perspective ,

My role currently looks after 21 land drilling and workover rigs in Rumaila so I feel I can give some gravity of realism here.

MAY have indicated 2 x exploration drills on block 9 by November 2019.

Both Drills are both planned as 50-60 day deviated drills, aiming for multiple targets .

MAY have indicated AGMI are looking to use their own rigs , which are currently not in Cuba.

MAY have indicated a spud date of April for first well, ( there has been no change of verbiage from them on this, as yet)

Rig transportation from I assume China  ( where are these located ? ) 2 months.

Importation and customs clearance 1 month 

rig stack up , audit and acceptance 1 month 

civils preparation on wellsite and camp area, access roads, ( would work in parallel with above) 2-4 weeks.

So we are already at end of April / May at the very earliest for first spud.

( are tangibles and services in place ? )  no news on this. 

We are obviously not going the turnkey route now, if AGMI are using their own rigs, as such the JV will need to supply tangibles and services to support these wells.

50-60 day drill and logging ...( assuming no major issues ) 

I expect we will drill both wells before any testing ( on HCs being found) is done, but who knows.

rig down, rig move, rig up at new location - 1 month.. ( civils preparation would happen whilst drilling first well  and be off critical path) 

50-60 day drills and logging ( assuming no major issues) 

Based on this scenario, we are already likely in November and that is based on multiples of preparatory events happening right now as I type.

We have had no news on anything happening as above, so do we assume nothing is happening and the timelines will  be delayed ?

I am sure the company is aware they need to be updating this dead market and equally dead investor base with as much news as possible ,  so with that I feel we have not yet started any of the above which infuriates me as they have not changed the timescales.

Company needs to now issue monthly operational updates , end off...

They cannot issue news with verbiage of drill dates etc without things actually happening in the background to support those dates.

Things are either happening right now or things are not happening right now  and there will be delays from the timescales given.

Time for a bloody update ! We should be receiving a raft of positive news on this, as yet nothing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.