With what is being spruiked by Dutton, and with more information...

1. 2,070 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 135
    With what is being spruiked by Dutton, and with more information to be released as we move forward to the 2025 general election, I do feel this is an excellent opportunity to have Albo and Labour come back for a version 2 and have the people of Australia choose between housing and nuclear power by putting forward the removal of negative gearing (or grandfathering it) and removing CGT on property (or reducing it or extending qualification from say 12 mths to 3 years or the like)
    I'm sure people have come across independent reports or news articles stating that removing/grandfathering negative gearing and/or reducing/removing CGT would have a minimal impact on property prices ... so lets do it then. By removing the two biggest property concessions, IMO, it will save billions each year to then be used for infrastructure, much more social housing, and reducing Australia's debt burden ... to name a few
    I really hope Albo seizes the opportunity here which has been provided by Dutton. Grow some kahunas Albo, as I'm not sure if another opportunity like this will be forthcoming anytime soon
    Last edited by Hussy: 25/05/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.