Remove NG -> while at it, lets tell Coles and Woolies, that they...

1. 23,572 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Remove NG -> while at it, lets tell Coles and Woolies, that they can no longer claim all their supply purchases as a tax deduction, as that is EXACTLY what you propose with removing NG.

Not to mention CGT -> I for example take a risk on purchasing a property, not You or the Gov and if by chance I make a profit, you and the Gov expect a handout, for my risk taking.
    BUT, if my property goes belly up, I wouldn't see neither hide nor hair out of you or the Gov, it would be like, tough tities wink.png

As it is, the return on your money for rental properties, is crap.

You would force an exit from rentals, and even if that pushed property prices down a little, most of the renters will Still be in No position to purchase.

My suggestion to you is, LOOK before you leap. rolleyes.png
    ------------------
    Perhaps the barrow you should be pushing is, the fact that the Gov is going to end the NRAS system in mid 2026.
    There are thousands of rental properties under this system and it gives the tenant a 20% reduction in rent.
    But when that ends, rents will have to go up at least 20% = imagine the problems that that will cause around Australia.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.