I certainly disagree. When I was young and first married my rent...

1. 17,952 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1005
    I certainly disagree.
    When I was young and first married my rent was 60% of my wage. I could not afford to keep my car so I sold it and walked to the rail station to get to work. Work was five and a half days a week. Holidays were two weeks a year. No night clubbing or party life. It took a couple of years to save for a block of land to get going. I first built a double garage where we lived as I built a business for myself. That was a "seven days a week" job with some days a start at 3AM and finishing at 7PM.

A couple of years of that and I built my/our first home as an owner builder. That took another two years. I'm not "lucky" to have what I have because I made my own luck. I also then went to Uni four nights a week for four years.

And you think it is harder now. They can get off their arse, stop whining and start doing the hard yards. What they earn is not as important as what they spend and how they spend it. No one is going to do it for them. It may mean that a second job is necessary, if so then go and get one.

Charity begins at home.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.