Yes, I agree. My husband had a heart attack 15 years ago. He is...

1. 10,991 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 661
    Yes, I agree. My husband had a heart attack 15 years ago. He is staying alive with a plethora of medications, I also basically take 3 essential ones. The bills are quite eye watering at times.
    But we moved back to the burbs from the country and were charged a great deal less. I assumed that scripts were the same cost at all chemists, but no they vary a great deal.
    You could try Chemist Warehouse, they undercut a non PBS script which I was on for a while, compared to our local chemist, by 50%.
    Once a family has spent $1,600 drugs are reduced, not sure about non PBS?

If you are unable to work, why not check if you can apply for a seniors health card. I think just income is taken into account rather than assets.

But no, I must disagree with you about the NHS. When my father was dying of cancer, I was over there and you would never believe what happened. They took him in, the next day they set up a bed in the lounge and sent him home, with a pile of pills.
    He was so uncomfortable so I looked through all of these drugs and not a single one was for pain relief.

I was on the phone to the NHS health line, who were so shocked and finally a GP turned up late at night, he had a big argument on the phone, because they didn’t want to send an ambulance. Eventually they did, he was taken in, when we went to visit the next day they had moved him to another hospital, then back again.

He was finally comfortable and then some jumped up jerk Damian the social worker said he was sending him home again, well there was no way that was going to happen. We had a stand up row and I told him the doors would be locked, were they going to dump him in the street? It was horrible, I was so distressed, because he did not want to be moved and could not have morphine at home.

So they let him stay, he was so relieved. Sadly he passed away after a few days. Many of the staff were Afro Caribbean, the people who I grew up with, they were so kind. But no, the NHS is overwhelmed now.

Sorry for the long story. I do hope you can get a seniors health card, good luck.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.