there are 2 issues here I think firstly do younger generation ie...

1. 18,318 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 403
    there are 2 issues here I think

firstly do younger generation ie the last 30 years work less and are lazier than previous generations

And secondly is it tougher for younger generation due to housing metrics being so much worse than historically, or wages to house price and or repayments

I think the original poster is complying about the second point, I tend to agree with him.

On a side note I worked 2 jobs most of my working life until retiring at 40 ish… I also did weekend work shift work and call-outs so I understand that things don’t come easy.

But this thread imo is are the metrics much more out of whack than what they were and I think the statistics show they are.
    Those being average wage to average house price
    Average house price to average yield
    Average house price to average repayment

I think these metrics changed due to things like change of cgt rules, smsf and the tax benefits of super,massive immigration ,fhog distortion, negative gearing and a widening gap between the rich and poor ie a new class system has been created
    On top of this society has now made it that you almost “need” to be a dual income family, I think the average loan is about 600k which would mean repayment of around $800 a week which is almost one persons wages
    Last edited by blueballs: 12/03/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.