if the property market crashes I still have the house and land....

1. 222 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    if the property market crashes I still have the house and land. I don't buy to speculate and the only time I sell or buy is when it suits my life situation. Land is a real, non replaceable asset. I rent out when it suits me, at other times my children have lived there rent free while they save for their own house or were students at uni. In the share market I have bought and sold and had wins and losses. If the share market crashes there will be nothing left to use, live in or sell at a profit. Shares are a great speculation, companies boom and bust, and some chase the current trends to strike it rich. Many conmen in the field and company reports are as much for marketing as protecting share holders. it's just paper or computer moves so the winner takes all. Same for bitcoin.....I leave that to my children to play with.
    The greatest concern is our banking system and use of money which sees governments issuing currency to pay govt debt and devalue its purchasing power.
    Again it's just paper or computer transactions of no real exchange value other than we have faith in and if that goes we are left with nothing. I also wonder what super will buy in 20 years as that is a great con and money making activity for so called financial experts. Wish I could predict the future with their confidence and assurance. However I am not able to do that so I tell my kids to purchase property around the mean price and mean rent to get good tenants able to afford the rent and decent locations for the rentals when they have paid off their own homes for a good sustainable life in good and bad times. If that makes us leaches so be it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.