BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

lani

1. 512 Posts.
    I don't post a lot here, but I hope those who have been around for at least a year realise that I try to provide balanced perspectives.

I've started a new thread to separate issues from management. Abobo clearly has issues, perhaps even grudges with management, I think those issues cloud some interesting points he brings up.

From this last thread one point jumped out at me.
    "he had not launch a single trial or development of LANI" When reading abobo I long ago started mentally replacing all 'Peter Cook' references with 'Biota'. I know abobo's opinion of PC, what I'm interested in is interesting points on Biota.
    So when I saw that comment I read
    Biota has not launched a single trial or development of LANI

I'm not sure if investors get that point.
    Here we are in the midst of the first pandemic in 41 years. There has been roughly three pandemics a century for the last 300 years. So here we are. Biota have joint ownership to the world's most advanced flu anti-viral, we're in the midst of a once in a drug companies life opportunity and Biota appear to be doing NOTHING, NAUGHT, ZIPPO, NADA.

As abobo said all the LANI trials have been conducted by DS in Asia. The press releases have indicated that Biota will receive royalties from DS for the sale of LANI in Japan. However, RoW royalties is a much larger pie and Biota appear to have done nothing to advance that.

The problem here is that we, owners of the company, have this huge opportunity which from the outside Biota appear to be squandering. What is going on? Why are Biota not announcing any LANI studies? They have not announced any trials and this pandemic won't last much longer.

While PA thinks a NASDAQ listing would create value, I see that as a red herring. Biota is a drug discovery and development company. Announcing their development plans for LANI would add value to this company.

The cash flow from a drug has an expiry date, patent expiration. That's why most bio/pharma push their drugs through their pipeline with some haste. Every moment wasted now reduces the ultimate cash flow LANI will provide. If I used hindsight bias I'd also ask why has DS completed PIII trials in LANI and Biota done nothing?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.