BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

LANI

1. 127 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    An analyst report prepared by Anita Dushyanth on 6 January 2016, freely available on seeking alpha, contains the following:

"Biota has made a strategic decision to discontinue further development of LANI in the U.S. as time and cost related to additional trials and commercialization may not be viable from a commercial standpoint. Additionally, even if they were to conduct further trials and obtain marketing approval for LANI in the U.S., there may be significant limitations on its use.

Biota’s management feels that at this point, even though the U.S. may not be an attainable market, the drug may still hold promise to gain approval in other large markets like Asia. The company, along with Daiichi Sankyo, intends to pursue a license agreement with a pharmaceutical company to advance the development and/or commercialize LANI in global regions outside Japan. "

I cannot remember seeing any announcement about the discontinuance of LANI in the US by the company and am assuming this information must have come from the analyst's discussion with management.

Is anyone able to shed any light on this or did I just miss something?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.