LYC 1.14% $6.22 lynas rare earths limited

Lanthanum and Cerium and Neodymium .. Also sorry dysprosium :(, page-15

1. 6,213 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1011
    Thanks thegoanna.
    At the risk of losing your support, though, I have to disagree with you on one detail:
    Where you say "Even assuming a worst case", I would say "Even assuming a best case", leaving the rest of your statement as is.

The ability to see a shortage just around the corner is frightening to me. Demand destruction is driven hardest by scarcity, because it's worse than price volatility, as it means "not available at any price".

This is exactly what continues to drive "demand destruction" research in spite of historically low prices for many rare earths.

The best case scenario, even for Lynas, is lower demand caused by lower content magnets and motors. Without apparent sustainability, the future is bleak.

It would be great to find cheaper ore extraction technologies as well. Perhaps even better than that would be economical (profitable) recycling. Aluminum without recycling? Yikes! It might cost 20 times as much! (Uses 95% less energy)

We're going on a decade since the rare earth price began rising and political risks to stable supplies began drawing attention. Since then, and continuing to today, researchers have been trying to eliminate rare earths wherever possible. That's exactly why ausheds had been hard pressed to find any Tier 1 making any new rare earth-containing component for his 48VMHs.

If we want Nd-containing magnets or motors to be researched, designed and implemented in multiple and/or mass markets, thus insuring their continued value long into the future (longer than Lynas' mine life), supplies have to be adequate to meet the potential demand and prices have to be stable. The best way to lower demand is not by eliminating markets through high prices, but by lowering content and using it more effectively.

I want money in the bank, not a flash in the pan.

GLTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.22
Change
0.070(1.14%)
Mkt cap ! $5.813B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.21 $6.22 $6.07 $13.54M 2.193M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12000 $6.20

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.22 12273 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.