ASQ 6.67% 2.8¢ australian silica quartz group ltd

GentsAn equally interesting question would be who sold?Anyway,...

1. 139 Posts.
    Gents

An equally interesting question would be who sold?

Anyway, Starkam, it is good to see you are coming to your senses by not hammering the company because the sp is temporarily down. Welcome to the real world. Don't waste your energy and health fretting over the day to day ups and downs. As an aspiring producer of Bauxite and alumina, in my view BRL is a longer term strategic play not a short term spec stock. The recent drop in price probably shows it overshot in September, but the long term picture is still rosy in my view.

The elements are still there: The massive land holding, cash in bank, strategic alliances with the Chinese, and a team of proven go getters who are not afraid to take on the world (especially BHP and Alcoa). The market will reward BAU when there they achieve concrete outcomes not rumour and inuendo, guessing what might happen when executives return from China etc.

They first need to restore some confidence by providing detail of the plan and timing for mining other deposits if, as appears to be the case, Bindoon is not going to deliver the goods. I don't think this has been clearly spelt out yet which leaves an unwanted element of uncertainty in the air (which areas?, timing?, state of approvals?, impact on 2010 volume?).

Feedback from the trial shipments will also be important. They also musn't give the appearance of being reluctant to communicate bad news. Nothing will undermine investor confidence more. Every successful company will have ups and downs. Handling the "downs" openly and professionally is vital in keeping the trust of shareholders.

I agree that things will be different next year and it will not take much to lift the SP back to the lofty heights we know it should be achieving. But don't expect it to happen over night.

Just my view

Zoom

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.8¢
Change
-0.002(6.67%)
Mkt cap ! $7.892M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.8¢ 2.8¢ 2.8¢ $913 32.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 98539 2.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.9¢ 13972 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.55am 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.