SS1 1.96% 52.0¢ sun silver limited

Largest silver play ASX, page-151

1. 1,744 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 729
    Interesting comments below from Louis James regarding heap leach processing after the recent Yukon disaster.
    "For the broader audience of this letter, I must say that this is a significant black eye for the mining industry. That it happened just a few months after the fatal failure of SSR Mining’s leach pad at its Çöpler gold mine in Turkey will spread fear and doubt. I’m pro-mining, but that’s reasonable; such failures should never happen. It may take years of litigation to sort out who’s responsible, but I expect an immediate regulatory response—and not just in the Yukon. I doubt any regulator is going to want to sign off on a permit for a new leach pad until we know what went wrong and how to make sure it won’t happen again. I’m not saying that this is the end of heap-leach processing. Nothing so extreme. Civilization above Stone Age levels literally depends on mining. It’s not going away. But I do expect to see permanently tighter regulation and longer (more expensive) permitting processes around the world."

What impact might this have on the costs financial and other for heap leach for Sun Silver ?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SS1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
52.0¢
Change
0.010(1.96%)
Mkt cap ! $36.23M
Open High Low Value Volume
53.0¢ 55.5¢ 52.0¢ $318.8K 591.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 44944 52.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
55.0¢ 25000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SS1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.