ZIP 2.67% $2.92 zip co limited..

Larry and Co. are the biggest thieves, page-5

1. 5,440 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 545
    Sorry to hear that, I assume you are a new investor so you have time on your side so you need to takes steps to manage your capital and risk better next time and learn to be a better investor in the future.

Switch off Social media feed on shares market investing, it is mostly toxic stuff and full of pump and dump. I have young children coming of age and are legally old enough to own shares so I know what is going on in that area, from bitcoin to bnpl to some unknown risky mining explorer to any three 3 stock market codes with the rocket emoji but they all wise enough to talk to me before listen to Social media

and I advised them to go out and have fun in their 20s, enjoy their Uni years with friends, the saving they got I gave them 4 ETFs to keep adding money toward it, set it to DRP and enjoy life.

This is good old fashion get rich slowly and surely instead of get rich quickly with social media, they have the one major advantage that I don't have, time and compounding and compounding doesn't works if your capital is going backward

Be you own man/woman learn the rules of investment, mostly around risks management, capital allocation (doesn't matter how good it seem or it looks, you CAN NOT go all in or allocated a large percentage of your money toward a single stock) because Stock market inherently is risky you are not in control, so the only way you can control is your risk. As you can see here Zip management is in control and they destroyed your hard saving, what can you do it ? not much, but can you control how much you put in or don't put in, you sure can

I have made money on various stocks that goes up 10-50 times but do I ever wish I put more than 10-15% of my money into 1 of these stock? NEVER, at once stage one stock gone up so much and make up 50% of my capital I took step to reduce it and bring it down to no more than 20% of my portfolio. There is no $50 party club or keep going to the moon stuff

this is extremely important stuff in the stock market, this is how you out last crazy crashes, boom and bust, you never let any single stock do lasting damage to your capital.

The other things you need to learn is how to deal with dud it is not usually a good idea to keep throw money into a stock that has weak fundamentals and has major structure change or flaws and especially breaching your capital allocation rules.

I have held stock that gone down 50% then back again and more but I didn't add any more capital or I wish done it when it go on to delivery big return, why? again it come down to risk management, I can not breach my capital allocation rules, 15% max capital for a single stock don't care if it going to deliver 10 times or going to zero, the maximum damage to my capital is 15% but it Never happened
    as I usually bailed out before that because once I see business structure change and balance sheet is heading down the wrong way
    I cut it lose and protect my capital so I can invest into another business another day and regain my capital loss.

DCA is an good strategy but you really need to know your stuff and must be 100% sure the business doesn't go to zero, after decades in the market I am not even confident to advice my kids to keep DCA into a single stock because I can not rule out it not going to zero
    I can however said with confident they can DCA into the 4 ETFs I gave them because I know 99.9% that it wont go to zero.

HC is the wild west, a lot of people said a lot of thing and sometimes it personal, that the nature of the internet, the Bads comes with the goods, just take step not to get involves, only discuss the business side of the market, I rarely get involve in tit for tac personal attack, maybe in the heat of the moment on some rare occasion but I usually stop after a post of two and never to be repeated

Good luck, hope you will learn to be a better investor in your future years, takes every failure as a learning lesson and put in safeguards so you don't repeat the same mistakes twice, and remember the proverb fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me

Last edited by ROEROC: 06/03/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.